Samson Chill Roof is a superior UV resistant water based acrylic roof sealant, combined with heat reflective technologies. Samson Chill Roof’s reflective properties diminish the effects of the sun’s heat on your roof, resulting in the cooling of the interior of your home by up to 8°C in summer months.
- Cement Roof Tiles
- Fibre Cement Roofs
- Galvanized iron roofs (for best results use Samson Metal Primer prior to using Samson Chill Roof)
- Window Sills and Fascias
- Galvanized iron garage doors, gutters and down pipes
- Cools interior by up to 8°C
- Cost saving by reducing power required for cooling
- UV and weather resistant
- Long lasting protection against fading and chalking
- Water based – easy application and clean up
- Attractive range of colours
- Non-Toxic, Lead and heavy metal free.
- Superior quality with 10 year guarantee
THEORETICAL SPREAD RATE
- 6 – 8m² per litre per coat. With a recommended Dry Film Thickness of 50 microns
- This is a guide only and the practical spread rate depends on substrate porosity and profile as well as technique and tools used.
- Ensure all surfaces are properly cleaned using strong brush or high pressure cleaner. Allow to dry thoroughly before painting.
- Remove grease, other contaminants as well as loose flaking paint and surface oxidation.
- Remove mildew stains and fungi with Samson FungiVanish. Leave on surface for approximately 1 hour and then scrub with a hard bristle brush to remove all dead growth. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water. Allow to dry.
- New surfaces:
- Cement and Fibre cement roof tiles – Remove dust, dirt and loose particles with high pressure water jet or scrub down with hard bristle brush and water. Allow surface to dry. Prime with one coat Samson SB29 bonding liquid and allow to dry completely. Apply Samson Chill roof within 48 hours.
- Galvanized Roofs – Clean with suitable galvanized cleaner as per instructions. Rinse well and allow to dry. Apply one coat Samson Metal Primer.
SURFACE PREPARATION CONT.
- Unpainted and weathered:
- Cement and Fibre cement roofs – Remove dust, dirt and loose particles with high pressure water jet or scrub down with hard bristle brush and water. Allow surface to dry. Prime with one coat Samson SB29 bonding liquid and allow to dry completely
- Galvanized Roofs – Clean and prepare surface prior to painting, wash down with Samson FungiVanish, remove heavy, loose and flaking rust with wire brush, wash well with water and allow to dry. Prime with Samson Metal Primer, allow to dry. Abrade areas showing red rust back to metal and patch prime with Samson Metal Primer. Apply two coats Samson Roof Coat.
- Previously painted surfaces:
- Cement and Fibre cement roofs – Clean thoroughly, seal loose and powdery surfaces with Samson SB29 and allow to dry thoroughly. Apply two coats Samson Chill Roof.
- Galvanized Roofs – Clean and prepare surface prior to painting, wash down with Samson FungiVanish, remove heavy, loose and flaking rust with wire brush, wash well with water and allow to dry. Prime with Samson Metal Primer, allow to dry. Apply two coats Samson Roof Coat.
- Stir Samson Chill Roof thoroughly with paddle before use.
- Apply minimum of 2 full coats – undiluted, using roller, brush or airless spray.
- Allow 4-6 hours @ 25°C drying time between coats. Drying times may vary with temperature and humidity.
- Do not apply in cold, wet weather. Ensure roof not too cold or damp, avoid excessive roof temperatures
- Complete obliteration of roof surface is required to maximize the Samson Chill Roof TSR and cooling effects. For optimum TSR results use Samson Chill Roof WHITE as a base coat and thereafter two coats of Samson Chill Roof in the colour of your choice.
- Do not apply if rain is expected.
- Samson Roof Coat is not suitable for use on slate, clay, slurry coated tiles and wooden shingles
- Ambient and surface temperatures must be between 10ºC and 35ºC during application.
- To ensure colour consistency check that the batch numbers are the same on all packaging.
- Skin contact: Wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- Eye contact: Flush immediately with water and contact a physician.
- Respiratory problems: Remove affected person to fresh air immediately and contact a physician.
- Not for consumption. If swallowed, contact a doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. Drink water.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not pour paint down the drain
- Pack size – 20litre buckets
- Touch dry – 2 hours
- Hard dry – 4 hours
- Recoating time – 6 hours
- Recommended DFT – 50 microns
- Volume solids – ± 30%
- Viscosity – 85-95 Ku
- Application temperature – 20°C to 40°C
- Flexibility & weathering – Excellent
- UV & Abrasion Resistance – Excellent
- Density – 1.13g/l
- Toxicity – Non Toxic
- Fire hazard None
- Shelf life – 6-12 months (dependent on storage conditions)
- Storage – Cool, dry area below 25°C
Properties listed above are for guidance only and not a guarantee on performance.